You can’t be sad while there is a cupcake in your hand (that totally rhymed!)
Cupcakes are my love. There are very few places which have mouth watering cupcakes to offer and for me they are Mad Over Donuts and Le 15 Patisserie.
But, wait a minute, I just found another place where I can get the softest and the most delectable cupcakes EVER! And you ask where? The answer is my kitchen and also yours if you make the cupcakes with this recipe I have for you today.
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 175g flour
- 185g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of black coffee
- 212ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 small eggs
- Sift the flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture. Once done, incorporate everything together and keep it aside.
- Take the heat out of the coffee and pour it into a bowl.
- Then add the vegetable oil, buttermilk and the eggs. Whisk it all together until you get a light brown mixture.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet one and mix it until you get a very dark brown mixture.
- Take a big jug pour in the mixture to it. It makes it easy to fill the cupcake moulds.
- Bake at 160 degree C for 25 mins.
- 150g of softened butter
- 270g sifted icing sugar
- 4 tbsp of milk
- 90g dark chocolate
*If you wish to increase or decrease the quantity of the buttercream, always take more icing sugar compared to the butter.
- Melt the dark chocolate through double boiling.
- Put the butter in a stand mixer (or hand mixer, whatever you prefer) and mix it for about 5 minutes.
- Then add half of the caster sugar and mix it for another 3 minutes and do the same thing with the other half.
- After that, add the milk and mix it well.
- Lastly, add the melted dark chocolate (take the heat out first) and mix it for 2 minutes. See to it that it is well incorporated.
- Add the buttercream to a piping bag or just use a spoon to top of your cupcakes.
Voilaaaa! There you have the drool worthy cupcake, evaaa! It sure has a lot of calories, you can find a healthier recipe but I think, healthy cupcakes aren’t that fun to eat. And it’s alright to make these once in a while right?